Monday, March 1, 2010

Caltex Neighbourhood Rewards Program - Somber petrol station dealers!

Do you fill your car petrol at Caltex service stations? Have you ever heard about the Caltex Neighbourhood Rewards Program? It works like this: Pump RM30 petrol at participating stations and receive 1 sticker. Collect the stickers to redeem gifts. Mamee instant cup noodle for 5 stickers, Breeze detergent powder for 15 stickers and so on.

I got this picture from the Caltex website: http://www.caltex.com/my/en/PumpCollectWin


Being a loyal customer of Caltex, I managed to collect stickers thoughout the promotional period. However, much to my distress, I never had a pleasant time in several attempts of redeeming the so-called rewards. Let me share my personal experience:

I politely asked, "Hi, boleh saya tukar dishwashing liquid?"

Attempt 1
"Stok sudah habis, datang lagi esok."

I went to the station the next day...
Attempt 2
"Stok sudah habis." "Bila ada stok?" "Tak tahu."

I drove to another Caltex station...
Attempt 3
"Stok sudah habis, pergi stesen lain tukar la."

Finally to yet another station...
Attempt 4
The counter attendant who did not utter any words (like good afternoon) and showing a sour face handed me the gift! Oh yessss.. finally!!!!

It seems like I needed to beg and beg and beg in order to redeem a bottle of dishwashing liquid where I could have bought it from a supermarket for just few dollars rather than filling petrol for at least RM450 to obtain 15 stickers!

I wished stations managers, owners or dealers would spend more effort to improve on customer service, which needs no additional cost to your business but brings more profit and sales! Be courteous to customers and wear a smile! At this era of modernisation where competition is intense, good customer service serves as competitive advantage!

No comments:

Post a Comment